Spiderwebs
There are spiderwebs in my attic but the spiders are safe because the geckoes know I am a pacifist - they eat fairy bread.
I have just watched a Midsomer Murder where the lords of the manor did a lot of lording over the peasants, oinks. I find all forms of snobbery totally disgusting - although I know the writers were on the side of the police, the way they showed the 'upper class' was very true to form. I think back to myself as a young journalist doing bloody social pages for six months where I was looked down upon as an oink.
All the ladies - and at that time they wore gloves and hats - really did look down their noses as those of us who actually worked for a living. They did indeed raise their eyebrows at the uncouth press and thought themselves so far above us. I felt sorry for them then and now, thinking of how empty their lives were, feel even sorrier for them.
I cannot understand how anyone can think they are better than others simply because they have money, or live in a place where their forebears lived hundreds of years ago, or they think their name means something especially when it is appended with a lord or a lady.
I think of all the thousands of people I have known and it has been a privilege to know most of them. Few exceptions, Lady Baden-Powell was one. What a totally rude bitch she was. And Robert Helpman was another.
I have just watched a Midsomer Murder where the lords of the manor did a lot of lording over the peasants, oinks. I find all forms of snobbery totally disgusting - although I know the writers were on the side of the police, the way they showed the 'upper class' was very true to form. I think back to myself as a young journalist doing bloody social pages for six months where I was looked down upon as an oink.
All the ladies - and at that time they wore gloves and hats - really did look down their noses as those of us who actually worked for a living. They did indeed raise their eyebrows at the uncouth press and thought themselves so far above us. I felt sorry for them then and now, thinking of how empty their lives were, feel even sorrier for them.
I cannot understand how anyone can think they are better than others simply because they have money, or live in a place where their forebears lived hundreds of years ago, or they think their name means something especially when it is appended with a lord or a lady.
I think of all the thousands of people I have known and it has been a privilege to know most of them. Few exceptions, Lady Baden-Powell was one. What a totally rude bitch she was. And Robert Helpman was another.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home