Thinking in the Attic

A blank canvas

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Retreat

If I didn't have an attic I would have to invent one but up here it is warm in winter (almost wrote cosy which is a word I detest, like tasty) and cool in summer. Being up so high it feels as if I am part of the sky, far away from humans. There are billions of us and what does it all mean?We all have our sadnesses and our joys, we strive for our lives to be better and what are we expending this energy for? So after a certain amount of years we kark it. If you look at things coldly, nothing is really important yet we become so het up.

I read the newspaper and wonder afresh every day about the horrible people who continue to live and who thrive on hurting others. Howard has pretty well wrecked Australia, hey mate!! For someone who says he is a christian he is totally lacking in compassion. He is like so many others, power hungry, status hungry, doesn't give a damn really. Like so many people who are well off he thinks people who are poor deserve what they get. He doesn't have any idea what poverty is like, he doesn't understand anything except more and more power.

As the Australian said the other day, every single one of us is related to the same few ancestors, black, white, yellow brindle...so why is there still racism? Why is there hate?

Golly gosh, I don't know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home