Thinking in the Attic

A blank canvas

Saturday, July 16, 2005

ID Cards

So now Howard wants us to have an ID card. We already have a driver's licence (many of us) and of course there is the tax number which goes on absolutely everything. We are tracked and tracked again. Look at what you have to provide to get a bank account and as wages and pensions are all paid to bank accounts, you have to have a bank account. And the computers talk to each other.

We probably all have ASIO files. Phillip Adams talked about his today in the Weekend Australian and I think I probably have one from activities as a young journalist.

There is no privacy. Everywhere we see privacy codes, everyone has one, but is there privacy? A centralised data bank for medical files. I can just imagine what will happen then. With brilliant hackers nothing is safe and as for putting all data in one place! Every home computer person has back-up. I am paranoid and have four lots of back-up and the way computers crash around me this is good thinking.

I get so depressed by the state of Australia, by the state of the world. Those in power have no compassion, those of us without power are fuelled with anger at the unfairness in the world. CEO's with disgusting incomes, shareholders, little people, who lose everything because of the greedy people at the top who go mad, they think they own the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home