Too much
I do too much thinking in this attic, the brain constantly whirring and whirling. I keep making connections and realising things from way way back. Be not afeared, this is not about to become a confession of long ago abuse by someone or other. But things I should have been aware of have taken me many years to wake up to.
I go around wide eyed, making eye contact, being so aware of people's feelings, aware of what is often unspoken, but I do not make obvious connections. I used to go to parties and upon walking in to the room (a nervous wreck) I would be instantly aware of tensions and longings in the room and later my husband would be amazed as he hadn't noticed anything. Why then was I so aware of others and not aware of my own life?
The brain is an odd thing.
I go around wide eyed, making eye contact, being so aware of people's feelings, aware of what is often unspoken, but I do not make obvious connections. I used to go to parties and upon walking in to the room (a nervous wreck) I would be instantly aware of tensions and longings in the room and later my husband would be amazed as he hadn't noticed anything. Why then was I so aware of others and not aware of my own life?
The brain is an odd thing.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home